Sunday, November 27, 2011

Footprint Experiment Analysis

In this experiment we got into groups of three or four and each member of the group had to place a shoe print in a container of dirt and then do an analysis of the footprint. I was in a group with Caroline Thomas and Alonzo Fullenwilder, Caroline was wearing flats so her print was easy to identify due to it having little to no arch and having few grooves. I was wearing converse and you could actually see the shoe size and the part of the heel that was worn away. While with Alonzo’s shoe he was wearing basketball shoes and his foot was different in size compared to Caroline and I’s print. Also the grooves in each shoe were different due to the different type of shoe it was.  Because of these characteristics we were successfully able to determine the different characteristics in footprints and their importance to a forensic investigation.

3 comments:

  1. I was wearing Converse for this activity too, and I saw what size I was wearing as well! I think it's funny that it does that. Anyways, it's cool that all group members for you had different shoes, everyone in my group was wearing Converse. I would have liked to see some other designs :)

    Anyways, you just have one typo, you have an extra "n" in "identify". Good work Christine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. again, really great job explaining the activity. although, maybe you could give an example as to why analyzing footprints is important to forensic science
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. there isnt much else to be said that hasnt already been said about this post except maybe another good job :)

    ReplyDelete